EU

Friday, September 19, 2014

CELEBRITY Q AND A: SIGOURNEY WEAVER.



Data Hard:Wow, you look like Sigourney Weaver.

Sigourney Weaver: (she smiles knowingly)

Data: It's probably because of your hair (Weaver's quintessential red-haired, sophisticated, exec look.) 

Weaver: It's probably because...I'm so tall (she's 6 foot even.)

Hard nods head in agreement

Weaver: Or the fact that I usually have Aliens around me. Or monsters (an illusion to her recent hit Cabin in the Woods.She played a Catherine Parker (Working Girl) type gal-trying to save the world,through murder.)

 
We both laugh at her gracious sense or humor.

Weaver: What's favorite movie of mine?

Data: I loved her Galaxy Quest. (Note: I'm so nervous, I start referring to her in the third person.)

Weaver: (confused, but intrigued) Why?

Hard: It's the only time in career, she went blond.

Weaver: (The queen of Sci-Fi blushed a bit.) The Star Trek fans are the best and most loyal in the world!
Are you a Trekker?

Data: Yes

Weaver: Oh,who was my co-star in that one? 

Hard: Tim Allen.

Weaver: That's right. Hey I know what you'd like to do? Hi-Ya!




Weaver (in jest) strike a karate ready pose.We both both laugh charmingly.

Weaver: We had a great time making fun of it.

Hard: For Trekkers: You guys did with love.You didn't go in with a ,here's why Trek sucks attitude.You respected us and that made it possible- to laugh at the show's silliness and structure (60's era mainly.) 

Weaver: (impressed) My favorite of hers (mockingly) is Gorillas in the Mist.

Data: She almost won an Oscar for that,didn't she?

Weaver: (She shoots back sullen and angry eyes at me) Yes, She almost did. (Flares nostrils)

Weaver did win two Golden Globes (no pun intended) for both ...Mist and Working Girl,back in 1988.
The first actress to win twice in one year.

Weaver: I really admire her strength and determination... to do the right the things for those Gorillas.

Data: That was Dian Fossey wasn't it?

Weaver nods approvingly.

Weaver: Well, times flies when- you're being talked about, like you're not even there. (smiles) I hope to see this at your website. You did a good job.

Data is shocked that she's even heard of me.

Weaver: I'm paying you compliment.

Hard smiles and nods thankfully.

Weaver: (magnanimously) I've got to go, (wide smile) Good Bye.


Factoids: WikiPedia.






No comments:

Later.